Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Monday 5 October 2009

Crafty Scribe Communiqué 2 - The Finished Book "Learn Something New Every Day!"

Communiqué - News Flash - Communiqué

For those of you who have followed the previous posts; you'll know, that for the month of September, I signed onto Shimelle Laine's course, "Learn Something New Every Day."  I am happy to report, I have completed the project, and would like to share a few pages with you.



Title Page



Title printed on the bottom of the picture.
Hidden journalling on a pull-out card, the top of the card sticks out with the chip-out TODAY, and pre-printed saying.


Fairy Cake Friday!
Some hand written journalling and alphabet stickers.
(See the real cup cake case?)



I felt that the title, plus added support of the pre-printed saying, was enough without additional journalling.


An iWorks Pages project. I added the photo 3 times side-by-side underneath and reduced the opacity, before layering the focus photo on top. Then added the journalling over the faded photos. After printing, I rounded the corners to match the papers. A tip from Shimelle was to use the cut-off left over pieces of paper to recreate the page. I did this, layering the pieces onto each other, and inked the edges.



And here's the finished book! All 30 days competed.
The project was made using mainly Cosmo Cricket products.

I hope you like seeing some of the journey I took. I would definitely recommend Shimelle's courses to all you scrappers out there.

Happy Scribing!

End of Communiqué - End of Communiqué - End of Communiqué 

Regular Blogs Resume Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog