Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Friday 13 November 2009

The Crafty Scribe Communiqué - Too Many Contests

Communiqué - News Flash - Communiqué 

Dear Scribblers

I have a confession... I’ve not been writing every day for NaNoWriMo. I know. I know. I’m hanging my head in shame. Although, I am at a healthy 16909 words now, but at this point I should be nearer the 21,500 stage. I have some making up to do.

There has been a good reason for the lax in ‘novel word-smithing’. I made a last minute decision to enter Scrapbook Magazine’s Scrapbooker of the Year competition. Very last minute, the entries must arrive by Monday 16 November, and at the 11th hour, 3 scrapbooking layouts are now, hopefully, racing up to Cheshire.

The contest required that you completed 3 different layouts, based on any theme. There’s points for techniques, originality and overall appeal. The winner gets a bumper pack of crafty goodies, and become a member of the magazines design team. This is the first time I’ve ever entered a scrapping competition, so my hope aren’t high, but you can’t win it, unless you have a go. Wish me luck!

On a journalling note, I used a hand written tag on one page, a block of digital text on another, and just a quote on the last. Once the winners are announced, I’ll post photos of my entries here on my blog.

It’s been a crazy rush, but fun, and I feel I’ve accomplished something. Let’s hope I get the same feeling and finish my novel by 30 November! I should be back on track next week.

Project of the Day - Search your magazines or the web, and find a competition you can enter. Give it a go, you never know, you just might win!

Happy Scribing!

Communiqué Ends - Communiqué Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog