Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Tuesday 26 July 2011

My Favourite Things Part 6 and Two Projects of the Day!

Dear Scribblers

There's jewellery, like the Tiffany and Cartier kind. There's more jewellery like the catalogue and high street kind. There's another lot like the cheapy, cheapy plastic wear-once-and-break kind. Then there's the Alchemy Gothic kind.

Alchemy Gothic are a fabulous UK company that makes jewellery, personal and home ware of the interesting kind, and I love 'em! They were creating jewellery adorned with skulls, fantasy, gothic and vampires, as standard, way before anyone else.

They produce amazing catalogues in which each item is lovingly photographed.  How about owning the Necromancer's Sigil ring? Or The Order of the Black Rose necklace. Each has it's own special name, many have stories attached to them and all of them are exquisitely manufactured and weirdly wonderful and beautiful to look at.

I wore my first item of Alchemy Gothic jewellery about 15 years ago, it was a plaited leather cuff with a little silver-tone skull. I still wear it. Slowly my collection has increased. Each piece was bought because it meant something to me and whenever I do wear one of the rings, or necklaces, or bracelets. I feel that I'm attached to a little piece of fantasy.

Project of the Day 1: Do you have a favourite piece of jewellery? You know what to do... getting crafting and creating!

Project of the Day 2: Dig through your jewellery box. Is there any broken pieces in there? Instead of throwing them away, or leaving it stuck in the dark never to be worn again, how about adding it to a layout or project? Adding something you've worn, will make your crafting feel even more personal.

Happy Scribing!

1 comment:

  1. I always was a huge fan of Alchemy Gothics' jewelery. It really has a unique look and the names really do bring the pieces to life.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog