Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Friday 27 July 2012

Lessons Learnt - 13 - Holiday! Celebrate!... Plus a hint to the next set of projects

Dear Scribblers

Are you thinking about holidays? I was when I completed this layout for last year's LSNED with Shimelle Laine.


The title reads, "I'd love to go on holiday but remember... I'm so glad I've had these holidays."

I was feeling down in the dumps that I wasn't high in the clouds flying off to some exotic location for a week or two of sun, sea and... the rest and relaxation! So I wanted to create a page celebrating the times I have enjoyed on foreign shores.

It began with the yellow tag, which is a real airlines cabin crew baggage tag. From there I covered the layout with a K&Company 12x12 atlas paper from an old line, and added various travel themed items I had in stock, including: Creative Imaginations - Marah Johnson epoxy stickers, Hot Off The Press Attachments collection - Travel range - ribbons, frames, vinyl tags, and K&Company's Sea Glass range - letter stickers, chipboard, and 6x4 card stock. Along with various holiday ephemera I still had in my stash. I quite like the haphazard 'thrown on' look to the page.

Pleased to say we are flying off again this year, and I'm looking forward plunging in on new pages of memories once I'm home.

Important Note: I'm going to be showing you some of my older holiday projects that I've completed over the years in a brand new series coming next on The Crafty Scribe. Please keep checking back for more information, and the last few pages left in LSNED.

Happy Scribing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog