Latest Post!

Please find the newest post below.
Have a great day.
Don't forget to create, play and scribe!

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Lessons Learnt - 6 - Friendship Bracelets... To show or not to show bad layouts

Dear Scribblers

I wanted to share this LSNED page with you, because I'm not happy with it. Sometimes it's worth showing the mistakes as well as the favourites.

The story of the page is to explain how I learnt to make macrame and friendship bracelets by watching You Tube clips (which can be found here).

I used ribbons to give the impression of bracelets laid out, added two photos, a piece of a test bracelet I made and printed out the title and sub-title.

If I was to do it again now, I know I would have painted the plain book pages to help them blend, reduced the amount of ribbon, and put the words on one page and the photos on the other. I think I would have also handwritten the titles instead of printing. Actually, I might have covered the photo page with ribbon, and used a thin strip only on the title page.  Something like this:


What do you think?

Happy Scribing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog